What is Christianity?
The overall message of the Bible can be summarised as follows:
- There is only one God who is infinitely great and infinitely good.
- This one God is three persons: The Father, The Son who is Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Each of the 3 persons is fully God.
- Through Jesus, God has shown Himself to us.
- God created everything. Everything was very good.
- The tragedy of the human race is that sin has entered our world. Sin is our rejection of God and rebellion against Him.
- God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- In giving His Son, God’s purpose was for Jesus to live a perfect life, then die on the cross. In His death Jesus dealt with sin for all the people who believe in Him. He became a substitute; he took the punishment for our sin on Himself so we are forgiven.
- After three days Jesus was raised from the dead and ascended to heaven. He will return in His second coming in great power and glory. He will be the Judge of all.
- Whoever believes in Jesus has complete forgiveness of all their sins (past, present and future), and everlasting life.